Episerver Engineering Operations is a rapidly growing part within the organization. We are in the process of building our teams, tools and systems as part of our mission to build the leading digital experience platform.
We enable Episerver to go fast by providing real time feedback on production systems. We work side by side with the product family and platform developers to maintain and improve services and performance. We live the company values (Dependable, Collaborative and Simple) with a strong customer focus and possess a healthy sense of urgency. We are a heavily data driven team, utilising a variety of data collection, enrichment, analytics and visualisations to learn about our complex systems.
We also live the 'Play, as a team' value by having a strong focus on sharing learning experiences from the front line with the development teams. So, the options for people in the team are vast. If you like mastering a domain and going deep, we need you. If you can juggle three tasks and coordinate multiple people in the heat of an incident, we need you. If you love the benefits of process and methodical improvement, you will love it here. If you want to keep your head down, headphones on and bash out code to support the team, we have a spot for you too. As an SRE in one of our teams, you will work to enhance availability, performance and stability of Episerver services as well as automating away repetitive work.
You'll also respond to pings, pages and alerts to investigate issues in our products that you can really sink your teeth into. You'll be working on non-production and production environments, monitoring, data collection and configuration management, as well as disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering, reliability improvement initiatives and platform automation.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will:
• Serve as level 3 support resource for responsible systems
• Troubleshoot and resolve end-user issues independently and efficiently
• Build knowledge base around common production support issues
• Troubleshoot and fix the system when it breaks
• Reduce the impact of errors and automate repetitive tasks
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
• Author and maintain documentation for related processes, procedures and system events
• Identify areas of improvement within our systems and perform enhancements
• Share the responsibility of being on-call
• Engage in the entire lifecycle of services—from inception through operation and continuous integration
• Lead incident triage, analysis, and resolution
• Drive Root cause analysis and corrective action completion to help eliminate disruption of services and consequently to improve the day-to-day operations of the organization
• Expert level troubleshooting skills across different levels of the stack
• Scripting and software development across one or more programming languages (Powershell / Bash / Python)
• Deep understanding of cloud architecture and Linux based systems
• Hands on experience with cloud infrastructure such as Azure or AWS minimum of 2 years
• Deep expertise in monitoring distributed systems application architectures
• Exposure to and maintenance of configuration management and orchestration tools at scale (Azure Automation, Salt, Puppet, Chef etc.)
• Diagnosing and troubleshooting user facing service outages
• Exposure to system and application level telemetry for large distributed cloud architectures
• Diagnosing and resolving problems in high-throughput web applications and network services
We would be very excited if you have experience with:
• Understanding of ITIL terminology for incident and problem management
• Experience in SaltStack
Desired Personal Qualities:
The best person for this role is someone that has a collaborative spirit, it’s not about being a hero and having all the answers, it’s about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption. The team needs someone who can ask questions, learn from others and turn chaos into order.
This role would be a great fit for someone with creative and innovative problem-solving skills with a willingness to take responsibility all the way to production. You will help architect, configure and implement solutions that operate at scale - seeing your own technology efforts directly improve the reliability of our products.